Thursday 19 September 2013

Setting Goals {4} - Dreaming Big (ish)

I'm excited.

I have an idea.  A goal.  A dream of sorts.

My husband mentioned that a small volunteer-based, local radio station might be put in our town.

Dave: You could have your own show.  'Saturday Afternoon in Robin's Nest'.

Me: Heck yeah!  I could play so many Raffi, Fred Penner and fun kids songs and read stories and games and maybe turn it into a podcast too and.....      (This went on for a while....)

It was interesting timing.  I had mentioned to my husband a week or two before that if I could do it in our small town (not going to happen) I would completely love hosting a kids show.  I loved watching Patti on TVO kids when I was little.  Now they have 'The Space' on TVO.  That is something I could totally get into.  I love teaching and entertaining kids.  Anyone who knows me, knows I am not afraid to be silly.  I'll do almost anything to get a laugh out of someone - young and old.
Free printable from hellodarlyn

 A radio program in my own town is a much more tangible dream....if it goes through.  It is in the idea phase right now.
Of course there is funding, gathering volunteers and all the paper work that goes with setting a radio station up.  I'm sure it won't be any time soon, which gives me time to put a plan in place.  Maybe I'll watch Sesame Street and TVO to gather some ideas.  Get books ready, song lists, rhymes....

I have a lot of work to do.

I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment